There is no right or wrong time to do a MAMA session, because a portrait with your babe will always be special. From a few months old to teenagers anything goes. However, there are windows of time that tend to be easier on you. Here are a few things I recommend that you keep in mind when scheduling:
- The age of your baby. Keep in mind that you will need to be holding your little one so there is a golden window when your babe will cooperate. Typically from 3 months-9 months depending upon when they start to walk and crawl. It’s nice if they can hold their head up, but not get away.
- If you are nursing and want to capture that then a younger babe might be a bit easier since they will not be as heavy 🙂
- Toddlers can be difficult! If your babe does not enjoy snuggling in your lap and only wants to run around and say the magic word (NO!) then it just takes a bit more planning. I’ve worked through this scenario many times, but want to help ease any stress you may have and create realistic expectations about what we can accomplish.
- When you feel up to it! Make sure you are fully recovered from birth and ready to enjoy the process. This is about you just as much as your babe.
- Just go for it! How do you ever really know when it’s the RIGHT time? Each passing day your babe grows so just book it.
- Please don’t worry about extra weight, feeling tired, etc. I will help to ease any stress and plan a look you are comfortable with.
- Have older kids or teens? You can still plan a MAMA session!
- Want to capture multiple generations? Your mother, and your daughter? We can do that too.